A Maths Vision for our School
Here at Radcliffe on Trent Infant and Nursery School we endeavour to:
- promote enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activity, exploration and discussion;
- promote confidence and competence with numbers and the number system;
- Children being able to confidently reason why they have arrived at a particular answer.
- develop the ability to solve problems through decision-making and reasoning in a range of contexts;
- develop a practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented;
- explore features of shape and space, and develop measuring skills in a range of contexts;
- understand the importance of mathematics in everyday life
In Years 1 and 2 children follow the White Rose scheme of work to ensure children gain a deeper understanding of Maths.