Autumn Term 2
This half term our topic is all about where you live. We will be learning all about Radcliffe-on-Trent, The British Isles and hot and cold climates. All this information should help Father Christmas find his way around the world, to your door.
Look at our topic web to find out more!
Welcome back !
We are so excited to see you in Year 1. We hope you have had a lovely summer and can't wait to hear all about what you have been doing.
This term our topic is Building, we will be looking at building friendships in our new classes as well as building upon our previous learning. We will also be looking at what buildings are made of and why these materials are used.
We will spend the first couple of weeks getting to know you and finding out what you can do as well as what you like. We will be learning lots of facts about our class animals too!
Have a look at the photographs of your new classroom and we look forward to showing you around.
Things that you may find a little bit different......
1. Your teacher will pick you up from the drop off point on the school drive. After you have said goodbye to your parent/carer you will then walk to your classroom with your teacher.
2. You will line up outside the classroom and you will be given a squirt of hand wash by a grown up which you will rub into your hands. You will then be asked to go the sink and wash your hands. Only four children at a time will be able to do this, so we need to be patient.
3. You will need to sit at a table and not on the carpet.
4. At Lunchtime you will eat in your classroom and then go outside to play with the children in your class.
5. At home time your teacher will walk you around to the same collection point on the school drive, where your parent/carer will be waiting to pick you up and take you home.
Click here for more information.