Spring 1 2023 in Reception
Welcome back - and welcome to the Spring Term 2023
Please find below our topic web outlining all our learning intentions for the term ahead.
FOREST SCHOOL WILL BE EVERY THURSDAY from the first week back. Please can children arrive to school in their Forest School Clothing, e.g. old clothes with extra layers and waterproofs / wellingtons. Please also bring in spare/ change of clothes if they get particularly messy during the session. Making sure that EVERYTHING is named including the bag it is kept in. Not all children will be going out at the same time, some will not go until Thursday afternoon.
Some key dates for your diaries:
- 4th January - Dress as a Superhero day - Create your own Superhero...what superpowers do you have?
- W/C - 9th Jan - Artist visit in school to work with the children
- 13th January - Dreams Come True day (Whole School) What would you like to be when you are older? Come to school dressed as them for the day!
- W/C 16th Jan - Energy Saving Week
- 24th January - International Day of Education
- 27th January - RSPB Big Garden Watch (see link below)
- 30th January - National Storytelling Week
- 3rd February - NSPCC Numbers Day
- 6th February - Children's Mental Health Week (see link below)
- 7th February - Safer Internet Day
- 11th February - Women in Science Day
Most of these dates will involve activities which take place in school, however please note the 2 dressing up days in January.
Many thanks for your continued support.